Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jenkins

First of all sorry for the delay on this post, my computer crashed, I've been on Spring Break this week so couldn't use my school computer so had to wait for my son to come in today and bring me his to use.

I feel that the internet and technology is being taken over by the teen population.  They live on their iphones, computers, or anything it seems that is electronic.  I am often amazed at what my students can teach me on how to not only operated a computer when I've hit a snag, but websites and such that can make my life a little bit better.  Websites that can site for more, make graphs, research and more.  These kids brains seem to wired for technology, unlike mine!  They are amazing when it come to videos, music creations, digital imaging.  I think that these concepts can so easily be incorporated into the classroom to help them and their classmates learn.  My daughter loves her digital media class at school, I amazed at the artwork she has made by only using the computer.  What scares me, well not really scares me, but makes my brain hurt, is the speed at which technology is increasing changing!  I just can't keep up with it, nor do I beleive many school districts can.  With funding increasingly deminishing many computer and equipment that crashes or gets broken is not being replaces - at least that is how it is in my district.  I used to have 4 computers I am now down to one and am told there are none to give me to replace those that have crashed.  How does this help my students?  well it doesn't!  The one I have is extremely old and outdated and many programs won't even run on it.  I would love to have technology to used with my kids, but as for now I just have to rely on the old fashion way of therpay LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment